Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Reflection on Project 2 Draft

In this blog post I will be answering questions from "A Student's Guide" regarding revising my essay
Hege, "Reflections" taken on July 21st, 2014 via Flickr Attribution Generic 2.0



I peer reviewed the rough drafts of Austin and Joy.

  • In my rough draft I do have an identifiable thesis statement. It talks about the strategies used and why the author uses those rhetorical strategies. I do not yet discuss the effectiveness since it is only the beginning of my paper. I also talk about who is involved with the issue regarded in the article. 
  • I have decided to organize it with the introduction, the "yes" section, the "no" section, and the conclusion. This part I am confused about because I'm not sure whether I'm looking at the two authors or from the perspective of the organization who published the article or all three of them. I think I could add a paragraph in and analyze the strategies of the organization and still have what I have already done regarding the actual authors of the article. 
  • I tried my best to at least mention all of the rhetorical strategies in some fashion but I mostly diverted my attention to emotion, logic, and authority. Through more revising I will try to focus more attention on the other rhetorical strategies. 
  • I effectively explored how the rhetorical strategies were used and the effectiveness of them. I went into depth as to why the author used them and how they helped his rhetorical argument. 
  • I use evidence throughout the essay but I definitely need to use more. It will back up my points more and make my paper more credible. 
  • This is a hard question to answer, I think that my piece of work is interesting but I do not necessarily leave it open for the reader wanting more. 
What I need to focus on in my revision stage is to successfully analyze the two authors along with the organization that published the article. They all implement rhetorical strategies and have a purpose for this article. What I need to do is figure out a way to include them all and work my essay around it all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment